Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

National Training

I attended the Pure Romance National Training here in Cincinnati last weekend.  It is generally a good time.  This was my third national training, and the schedule is pretty set. 

Thursday:  I hightailed it from my day job to pick up the registration packet at Duke Energy Center by 4:00, then walked around downtown/find food until 6:30 when the big opening session began at the Aronoff Center.  We got to learn what the new products were and Patty Brisben spoke.  I am usually not fond of being surrounded by 2000+ hyper and chatty women, so this event, while informative to see the new product line, is not my favorite part of the night.  There was also an impromptu flash mob that I think I was the only one in the theater to NOT know about, and if I hear "Call Me Maybe" one more time I think I will pound my head into a wall now.  Okay, not really...I really love that song, but I don't like flash mobs.  Particularly when I am tired and I have to stand up and pretend to dance with everyone else.

Friday:  Normal Training Day.  I have always enjoyed Friday of training.  They have the best sessions on the first day of training, and there were several nationally recognized experts doing the trainings at this training.  I loved Dr. Logan Levkoff, who did a session about 50 Shades of Grey.  Really, I went to work to analyze 50 Shades of Grey.  Needless to say I was pretty happy at the end of that session.

Friday night I led a party, and I was never more grateful for that 50 Shades of Grey session because I got to demo my 50 Shades product line.  I don't think I have had so much fun at a Pure Romance party, well...ever!

Saturday:  Saturday sucked was difficult.  I was out at my Friday party until almost 3:00am, and the first session began at 9:00am at Duke.  When I arrived, the Cincinnati Police/Firefighter testing was going on so parking was at a minimum requiring me to have to pay 10.00 to park. Grrrr.  The first session was okay, but even after coffee I could barely stay awake.  I ended up leaving after lunch because I was too tired to process anything.   I went home and slept...then woke up with an even BIGGER headache.  Fun.

Sunday:  I love Sundays of training weekend.  That was the day I got to go to the warehouse sale for consultants and buy all the new and discontinued stuff.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and brought my mama with me for company.  She was uncomfortable for a few minutes but did very well being surrounded by bedroom accessories with her daughter.  The only awkward moment was when she picked up one of the new products and asked what it was and I replied with "you don't want to know." Such a bonding moment...LOL.

Next year, the national conference and training are going to be combined.  They are calling it "World Conference" since consultants from all over the world (we are in Australia and South Africa) are coming to this event.  Normally an event like this would be held somewhere really cool, like Vegas or Florida, or even New York City.  We will be in Cincinnati, OH.  Yay.

On the one side, I commend Pure Romance for keeping it local since the company is based here and having the world conference here will bring the revenue to my hometown, so for that, kudos Pure Romance.  That said...really?  Cincinnati?  Because we are such an exciting city?  I really hope the news of us being here hits the news agencies and the whole city knows.  I think it would make it a lot more fun if everyone around new there was going to be thousands of us wandering around the city for a week.  To all my single, female friends: I have a feeling if you wear pink and walk through downtown Cincinnati that week, you will find yourself with many dates!

And that was my weekend at National Training.  I am pumped to get going for the fall and get some parties in...seriously, demoing borderline BDSM products has got to be the highlight of my consultant career! 


No comments:

Post a Comment