Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fall

I have been feeling a little down lately.  When I think back on past falls, I realize this is a common thing.  I find it slightly funny because on an intellectual level I LOVE the fall!  My birthday, the changing leaves, my birthday, cooler temps, and of course, my birthday.  It is interesting to realize that while this is my favorite time of year I am not able to enjoy it to the extent that I want.

While I cannot pinpoint why I feel bad, I can focus on what I can do to help me feel better.  Going outside as often as possible during this time of year helps, however working 2 jobs from 7:30am-9:00pm doesn't allow a lot of strolls in the woods.

I WAS working out almost every morning.  I would be at the YMCA right at 5am and would get my work out in before starting my day.  That schedule was disrupted when I started my second job however and I haven't been able to get back in the habit and I can feel my body getting lazier as a result.

One thing that is working is hobbies; easy ones like reading on breaks, journals where I am writing nothing of importance but practicing my handwriting skills, Christmas shopping (yes, already!), and sleeping.  Between working and still trying to be full time mommy I don't get a lot of time for the above, but I have to make time for it for my own sanity!

The good news is I get a break starting this weekend.  I am going to Gatlinburg and get to hike around the Smokey Mountains for a day or two, then an extra day off when I get home to sleep.  Let's hope that turns my mood and outlook around!!

1 comment:

  1. I expect loads of TN Autumn photos!! I'm so jels I can't even STAND it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete