Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Wonderland!

The days after my birthday were spent in Gatlinburg, TN exploring the former Wonderland Hotal and Clubhouse near the Elkmont Campgrounds.  I had spent the week before googling and looking at maps and knew on a theoretical level exactly where it was, but getting there was another story.

Fortunately, I am good at maps. We found it almost right away.  I walked down the road because I wanted to go in via the steps.  The group with me didn't believe they were there so they just started climbing up the hill.  I walked for about a quarter of a mile and I found it!






Beautiful hair, right?  LOL!

While this isn't a big secret place, it was fun to explore knowing the history.  There were several homes in the area that were vacation homes back when the hotel was active.  They were beautiful homes (at least they were at one point).  It is a shame to see them in such a state.

So I came, I found, I conquered the Wonderland hotel exploration.  Now I need to find my next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment